The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization helping to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies by offering flexible office space, CEO coaching, mentoring, and access to a robust network of partnerships and capital. LACI was founded in 2011 as a cluster-driven economic development initiative supported by the City of Los Angeles, LADWP and the Community Redevelopment Agency of Los Angeles. Recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world, LACI identifies local entrepreneurs across multiple cleantech business sectors and guides them to market, creating jobs that advance LA’s green economy. In just five years, LACI has helped 60 companies raise $80M in funding, created 1,150 jobs, and delivered more than $230M in long term economic value for the City of Los Angeles. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus with satellite offices in Northridge, CA and Silicon Valley and is the organizer of GloSho and founder of the Network for Global Innovation (NGIN).
What We Need
We need a forward-thinking and detail-oriented volunteer to help the facilities team at the La Kretz Innovation Campus. As a Facilities Volunteer, you’ll work alongside our organization’s leadership team in learning about property management for the incubator, including: facilities, contract administration, budgeting, LEED credential compliance, and carefully curating an ecosystem for innovation. Volunteers will get hands-on experience with the issues involved in running a business incubator, developing demonstration projects, working with entrepreneurs, business professionals, investors, and civic leaders. The position is expected to be 10-15 hours/week and is unpaid.
- Deep interest in learning about clean technologies, environmental solutions, and entrepreneurship
- Creative and inquisitive nature with a passion to learn and apply something new every day
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Initiative to build, nurture, and expand industry relationships
- Undergraduate students in Business, Finance or Real Estate preferred
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in the hub of cleantech and start-up incubation
- Exposure to the best and brightest entrepreneurs making a difference in the world
- Access to seminars, events and networking mixers
You can apply here: https://laci-tlsrf.formstack.com/forms/volunteerapplication