LA's Existing Building Energy and Water Efficiency Ordinance
USGBC-LA and LABBC are facilitating a series of monthly workshops to help building owners comply with the city's new Existing Building Energy & Water Efficiency (EBEWE) Ordinance. This ordinance requires multifamily, commercial, and government property owners served by LADWP to benchmark, report, and improve energy and water performance. Building owners will learn:
- What is the city's policy context for the ordinance
- When specific properties are required to submit benchmarking information.
- What building and utility information is required for complying with the energy and water benchmarking and reporting requirements.
- How to access utility data to benchmark properties with Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- When properties must also comply with energy auditing and retro-commission requirements.
- Information about the Benchmarking Help Center and supporting programs and resources by the LA Better Buildings Challenge.
A special tour at La Kretz Innovation Campus will be offered at 12pm, right after the workshop.