At Cumming Corporation, you will work on some of the world’s most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest growing Project and Cost Management Consultancies in America. We’re ranked in the ENR Top 30 and voted one of the best companies to work for out of our HQ in San Diego. With over 20 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double-digit year to year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are endless!
We are looking for a Commissioning Agent to join our Energy & Sustainability team on a contract basis, with the opportunity for this role to grow into a full-time position. The Commissioning Agent will be based out of our Los Angeles, CA office and oversee the commissioning of large facility projects from design through testing.
The commissioning agent verifies that designed, installed and tested plant and equipment satisfies the environmental performance criteria specified and meets the client’s operational needs through all operational seasons. This position also will be responsible for client satisfaction, project execution, and business development throughout California.
- Development of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Methods of Procedures (MOPs); Comprehensive Commissioning documentation.
- Prepare commissioning test procedures and reports; Develop and maintain commissioning logs, equipment checklist, and other tools to track commissioning projects; Write comprehensive reports which include the following sections: recommendations for optimizing building operations, functional checklists, list of deficiencies, equipment operation and maintenance manuals.
- Review design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittals, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning.
- Develop and administer functional tests for various building MEP systems, such as: fire alarm and control systems, HVAC, Chillers, CRAC units, normal and standby electrical distribution systems, UPS, standby generators, and emergency lighting, etc.
- Help lead and manage any external resources; Schedule and direct periodic commissioning meetings; Attend construction and coordination meetings if required for the project.
- Interface with clients, contractors and equipment vendors as needed; Execute project assignments; Interface with project contractors, vendors, and testing technicians; Interact with all facets of the company: engineering, design, etc.
- Verify results of test reports; Assist with field troubleshooting of commissioned equipment as needed; Field experience in the operation and application of Power Quality Analyzers, Power Disturbance Analyzers, Data loggers, and related system testing equipment.
- This position will require travel 30-40% of the time throughout California.
- 5+ years’ experience in the building commissioning process, start-up, facilities management, control systems, test and balance or MEP installation. Possess knowledge of systems design for various projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Working understanding of relevant technical standards and industry groups: CCC, BCA, ASHRAE, ASME, SMACNA, LEED, etc.
- Familiarity with Title 24 – Cal Green
- Experience in Energy Modeling & Auditing, measurement and verification is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as this role requires heavy amount of writing, documentation, and client interaction.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes 5 minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within 5 days. Apply here.
Keywords: Commissioning Agent, Commissioning, Retro-Commissioning, Professional Engineer, Energy, Sustainability, etc.
CUMMING is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified Team Members without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.