JOB DESCRIPTION: ESG CONTENT WRITER
Verdani is hiring a contract, part-time commercial real estate, sustainability, and ESG Content Writer to support our corporate and client communications needs. This position requires someone who is self-sufficient, takes initiative, and is resourceful. Preference will be given to those with proven work experience in commercial real estate, sustainability and ESG, a strong writing portfolio with samples, ability to perform well in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines, and excellent communications and people skills. The position starts at roughly 5 hours per week, with approximately 10-15 hours per week needed during reporting season (April, May, and June).
Content writing for social media, blogs, Verdani’s websites, press releases, newsletters, presentations, case studies, educational materials, sustainability annual reports, and other related communications needs.
Coordinating with Marketing and Business Development, Communications, Sustainability Managers, and other internal departments to gather and generate content.
Preparing well-structured drafts that clearly demonstrate:
- your knowledge of the subject, target audience(s), and use of language and appropriate tone (which may be “client-oriented” when needed)
- your ability to do research and due diligence on a subject, industry, company/organization, technology, etc.
- generate a strong list of references and footnotes, when needed
- your excellent writing skills – grammar, vocabulary, attention to detail, etc.
Collaborating with team members:
- to create innovative content ideas
- to develop and edit content, and
- confidently edit content written by others
Working with Sustainability teams and Communications department to:
- develop ESG program content for strategic visioning language for new clients including Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Sustainability Goals
- develop content for annual sustainability reports (about 8-10 reports in 2019). Please see links to Annual Reports on our website www.verdani.com/clients
Managing and sharing your project schedules, and coordinating with team members for deliverables, drafts, versions, and content in a timely manner.
Ensuring quality control of your written material, i.e, proofreading prior to publication, as well as helping other to edit and proofread communication projects
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, sustainability and ESG
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with online collaboration tools such as SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite especially MS Word, Publisher, and Powerpoint.
Fluent in English. This position coordinates directly with our clients; therefore, you must also possess superior professional communication, writing, and presentation skills.
Verdani is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to research Verdani Partners online: Verdani.com, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest in this position at Verdani Partners!