Key Deliverables during the 12 months:
- During the first 30-45 days: Learn about VCA-Green, its history, services, employees, projects and clients. Additionally, learn about VCA Consultants and its history, etc.
- Learn what systems and software programs are used within the Green department. Specifically, learn how to input data, file, organize, and manage internal files and processes.
- Assist the Assistant Project Managers with their green building projects. This entails building plan and specification review for third party rating systems such as LEED and GreenPoint Rated, State registry data management, and completion of other related green building tasks.
- Learn about the various phases from design through construction and occupancy using standard agendas, task lists, and deliverables for the project team, and how we complete project registrations for final certification;
- Compile and edit technical research and reports;
- Review Green Building measures and identify where those measures are shown in construction drawings or in specifications. Be able to issue a corrections list describing deficiencies.
- Begin to take on projects of easy to medium complexity.
- Within 3 months: travel with at least two Assistant PM’s to job sites to observe their field verifications for green building certifications.
- To provide for a deeper understanding of green building project management, watch and learn what they evaluate, and what reports are completed. Learn about various building systems related to: envelope, plumbing, electrical and domestic hot water. Be able to provide feedback about what you learned.
- Be able to complete CALGreen compliance sheets with minimal supervision.
- By the end of the first six months of employment : be capable of taking on at least 10 to 20 projects consisting of either retail and/or residential construction projects. Including:
- Working with clients and other stakeholders involved in the project.
- Coordinating on-site field verification for green building certifications with VCA Green field technicians.
- Submitting required documents for approval to department Director and make necessary changes as needed.
- During the first year , attend at least three green building kick-off meetings, or other events to meet others in the field of sustainability, make contact, and understand how this process works for future reference.
- Be capable of taking on at least 30 small- to medium-sized projects consisting of retail and residential. Including all aspects of managing a project: documentation, observation, client discussions, etc.
- Earn HERS I or similar Designation.
- Earn Certified Green Building Professional (CGBP) through Build it Green or similar certification.
- By the end of the first 18 months: Become knowledgeable and capable enough to take on at least three to five large sized projects.
- And assist the Director or other PM’s in hosting and directing a green building kick-off meeting.
- Future goals: Proactively learn about industry specific educational materials or presentations. Be a content expert and write one, mass distributed white paper per year on a topic related to energy and/or environment.
- Earn Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification
- Earn Certified Energy Analyst (CEA) Certification
- Earn other certifications as needed
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture, Sustainability Business or related disciplines;
- 3+ years of professional working experience, preferably in Architecture, sustainability, energy, project management, or other related fields;
- LEED GA with experience or training in LEED; (or agreement to achieve at least the LEED GA within 6 months)
- Project management skills and willingness to learn how to lead project teams;
- Possesses a strong, positive attitude that no problem is too large to solve;
- Strong communication and writing skills, ultimately used for editing and proposal generation capabilities;
- Ability to closely track projects and tasks to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of high-quality deliverables and client expectations;
- Proficient computer abilities, particularly Microsoft Office Suite and Energy Pro; (willingness to learn Energy Pro during first three months)
- Some travel is expected.
VCA Green is a sought after firm that provides green building educational and consulting services to top tier clients including leading architectural firms, builders, developers, and facility owners. Our projects range from residential, commercial, to public and institutional organizations. We promote efficiency and value added building performance using sustainability and energy analysis as a competitive driver for our clients. VCA Green is a division of VCA Code consisting of diverse teams of expert architects, engineers, commissioning agents, and building code experts to provide sustainability, energy, and building solutions.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance;
- Outstanding benefits package include 401k and profit sharing plan;
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities;
- Family-oriented culture and company poised for continued growth and opportunities
- Office location is near to Metrolink, Amtrak, and other public systems; and is situated near the 57/22/5 fwys.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year