WHO WE ARE
- Verdical Group is a leading full service consulting firm specializing in green building services including Certification Project Management (LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge, CALGreen, etc.), Energy Modeling, Commissioning, Net Zero Design, and Program Management.
- The Verdical Events branch of our business provides event planning and production services. We produce high-profile sustainable events, including the nation’s largest annual Net Zero Building Conference and the Robin Hood Gala.
- Our core values include environmentalism, fun, inspiration, adventure, and learning.
- A growing group of 9 team members.
- Certified B Corporation, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance,
accountability, and transparency.
- 1% for the Planet Member Company: we walk the talk, donating 1% of our annual revenue, not just
profit, to environmental nonprofit organizations.
- An equal opportunity employer; our diverse team is one of our greatest assets.
- Visit us at verdicalgroup.com and verdicalevents.com or watch our About Us video here.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced event planner looking to serve as our Verdical Events branch lead and manage all aspects of our events, including the business development and growth of this business unit. This position includes required sales targets and requires participation in the proposal writing process.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is motivated by a sales goal.
- Excited to independently manage all aspects of firm event production from start to finish.
- An all-star talent who wants to work as part of a highly respected and growing team.
- An inspired changemaker who wants to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- A natural networker with an infectious enthusiasm for your projects.
- You thrive in a work hard / play hard environment where you’re surrounded by likeminded,
passionate sustainability professionals who are working to change the world.
- An effective negotiator who is comfortable working with contracts and budgets.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- An expert client, partner, and sponsor relationship manager.
- Experienced in collaborating with a marketing team to produce quality assets for each event.
- Comfortable serving as brand ambassador for Verdical at industry events to conduct relevant
business development outreach (ie. Greenbuild, CHESC, AIA-LA, USGBC-LA, and LBC-LA events).
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience securing major sponsorships.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Fastidious attention to detail in all aspects related to event project management and delivery.
- Proficiency or ability to quickly learn CRM platforms such as Salesforce.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, with particular experience in PowerPoint and Excel
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (NOT REQUIRED)
- LEED Green Associate (GA) or LEED Accredited Professional (AP) credential
- Experience with marketing tools including Eventbrite, MailChimp and WordPress.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Full time exempt salary position
- Compensation commensurate with experience. Base salary + sales commission.
- 100% company paid Health insurance (gold level PPO) and dental insurance
- $750/year continuing education stipend + 100% firm paid credential exams and renewal fees
- $100/month cell phone benefit
- $100/month commuter benefit for reducing our carbon footprint if you do not drive to work
- IRA (after one year of employment)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation and sick days + unpaid time off available for high performers
- 9 paid annual company holidays
- Flexible office schedule
- Quarterly team great outdoors adventures
- Send an email with both PDF cover letter and resume attached to: email@example.com
- Title both the combined PDF and the email “Partnerships Events Manager – [Your Name]”
- We look forward to hearing from you!