Key functions of this role:
- Data Management
- Ensure that all properties have an ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager profile, utility data (energy, water, and waste) is updated and accurate,and all profiles are connected to Measurabl’s utility sync.
- Support the management of and coordination with third party data management vendors such as Measurabl, Mach, Aquicore, SmarteBuilding, etc.
- Support the management of and coordination with third party energy procurement vendors such as Tradition Energy and Avalon Energy
- Maintain a tracking database of all key portfolio stats including, but not limited to,building attributes of each property (size, location, etc.), sustainability attributes, contact information, # certified properties, etc.
- Respond to client requests for data and stats about the Sustainability Program
- EfficiencyProjectand Renewable Energy Program Support
- Responsible for driving efficiency projects across the portfolio by identifying and analyzing opportunities, making recommendations based on feasibility and financials, and coordinating with efficiency vendors.
- Work with Black Bear Energy and other renewable consultants to identify opportunities for solar, storage, and other renewable energy projects for the portfolio. Provide financial analysisand assess project fit and feasibility.
- Benchmarking Compliance
- Responsiblefor tracking benchmarking requirementsfor all properties in the portfolioand submitting properties forcompliance on an annual basis.
Other Technical Services Responsibilities
This position may also support Verdani’s Technical Services and Certifications teams with additional as needed services for the client such as: ENERGY STAR certifications, ASHRAE (I, II, and/or III) energy audits and reports, technical building assessments, TVOC/CO2 testing,and green building certification support.
Site visits may be needed;therefore, this role requires the ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degreein: Engineering, Engineering Technology, OtherRelated Field
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE)
- Master’s Degree, Majors: Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- LEED Green Associate or LEED Accredited Professional – EBOM
- Certified Energy Manager or Certified Energy Auditor
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- Experience conducting energy audits and writing reports
- Extensive knowledge of building systems
- Ability to evaluate a wide variety of facilities and systems
- Project cost estimating experience
- Ability to work with a team
- Attention to detail
- ASHRAE Level III Audit experience
- Facility Condition Assessment Experience
- LEED Existing Buildings Operation & Maintenance (EBOM)
Fluent in English.This position coordinates directly with our clients; therefore, they must also have superior communication, writing, and presentation skills.
Verdani is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant must either be local to Carlsbad, CA USA or willing to relocate/commute there. Our office is right next to the Poinsettia Train Station and one mile from the beach.
If you have a LinkedIn profile, please include a link to it with your application.We encourage you to research Verdani Partners online: Verdani.com, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest in this position at Verdani Partners!