- Website: https://verdicalgroup.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Size: 20
- Industry: Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Sustainability
- Locations: Los Angeles, CA | Pasadena, CA | Oakland, CA | San Diego, CA
Established in 2012, Verdical Group is a leading sustainability consulting firm focused on decarbonization and solving the climate crisis. We provide services ranging from green building certifications and project management, to engineering services, sustainability strategy and sustainable events. We also host the world’s largest annual net zero building conference.
Our team of multidisciplinary experts offers:
- Sustainability strategy to achieve net zero and zero carbon building performance.
- Project management for building certifications like LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Living Building Challenge, and more.
- Engineering services such as building commissioning, energy modeling, daylight modeling, & life cycle analysis.
- Sustainable event production, covering: strategy, day-of support, post event metric reporting, and more.
Verdical Group is a social enterprise in the truest sense of the word. We’re in business to make a positive impact on people and the environment.
We run our business as a force for good. We’re incorporated as a Benefit Corporation with the State of California, a for-profit corporate entity that aligns our mission and values with growth over the long term. This structure legally requires considering our environmental and social impact along with our financial performance, whereas most companies only consider shareholder value.
Verdical Group is also certified as a B Corporation by third party B Lab. We consider the impact of our business decisions on our team members, clients, suppliers, community and the environment. We also give back through the 1% for the Planet program, donating 1% of our total annual revenue, not just profit, to environmental nonprofit organizations.
Beyond our green building project work, Verdical Group is committed to using our platform as an active voice for positive social and environmental change. We use our corporate communication channels to educate, advocate, and amplify critically important issues like antiracism, equity, human rights, democracy and voting, the climate crisis, environmentalism, renewable energy, and decarbonization. We’re pragmatists and know the world is far from perfect, but we’re also eternal optimists. We see challenges like the climate crisis and human inequality and know vast improvements are possible.
We’re located in Los Angeles, Pasadena, and Oakland. You can find our LA headquarters, you can find us in the LA Cleantech Incubator (LACI), a hub for green business in LA, in the booming Downtown Los Angeles Arts District.
Our benefits to our full time team members include:
- Full time exempt salary position
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- 100% company paid health insurance (gold level PPO) and dental insurance
- $750/year continuing education stipend + 100% firm paid credential exams and renewal fees
- $100/month cell phone benefit
- $100/month commuter benefit for reducing our carbon footprint if you do not drive to work
- IRA (after one year of employment)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation and sick days + unpaid time off available for high performers
- 9 paid annual company holidays
- Flexible office schedule including working remotely from your home office
- Attend industry conferences and events including VG’s Net Zero Conference
- Quarterly team great outdoors adventures aligned with COVID safety measures.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our diverse employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation, goodwill and long-term success. We aim to create a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment where full participation is valued and voices from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are heard. Verdical Group’s racial and ethnic diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, mentorship and sponsorship, work and project assignments, promotions, transfers, social and recreational programs, layoffs and the ongoing development of a work environment built on a premise of racial equity that encourages and enforces:
- Anti-racism; we are committed to not just prohibiting racism within our organization but also actively fighting discrimination against Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for traditionally underserved and historically marginalized populations.
Verdical Group provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, source of income, mental or physical disability, genetic information, Vietnam Era status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We are committed to the hiring, retention and promotion of racially and ethnically diverse employees. Our retention and promotion strategies are focused on providing a culture and work environment where racially and ethnically diverse employees have the opportunity to be successful in their careers and to be represented at all levels of the organization including senior leadership.