Your donation helps to...
Make Southern California a more sustainable region for all! Our programs such as Green Schools, Wildfire Defense Tours & Education, and Green Janitors help educate the community at large ensuring we are all aware of how to keep our environment healthy.
Our Collective Impact
2021 Impact Report
This report brings you a summary of our achievements and some of the highlights from this past year:
- Our 20th Annual My Green Building Conference & Expo went hybrid, featuring both industry and public facing days, with over 1,000+ attendees and over 300,000 sponsor impressions.
- Our Talent Portal became the industry hub for featured employers, regional job postings, virtual training, recorded content, and a unique mentor network.
- Our Net Zero Accelerator accepted 19 innovative startups making an impact today on addressing net zero carbon, energy, water, and waste.
- We launched the first Wildfire Defense Toolkit focused on addressing home hardening and firewise landscape design
- 1,000 + Kids were taught sustainability fundamentals through 40 workshop sessions from our Green Schools Initiative.
- 35 Healthy Building Alliance partners committed to working together to create healthier environments in
the places we live, work, and play.
- 10 hired full time into the sustainability field from the Green Building Corps
- We increased our member engagement through weekly topic focused webinars, Virtual Tours, our Quarterly Thought Leadership Series, Virtual Job Fairs, and monthly member committee meetings.
While we celebrate one more year of sustainable impact, there are great challenges ahead to fight climate change. Our work right now to transform the built environment will determine the extent that which the number one polluter – buildings – impact climate change. We encourage you to keep participating, keep pushing what is possible, to transform the world for the better, and help us look ahead to an even bigger impact in the future. Thank you to everyone who has been involved with USGBC-LA, from board members to advisors, staff members to volunteers, sponsors to exhibitors– you have played a crucial role in making this possible. Here’s to another great year ahead!
Thank you to all our supporters, partners, and members that help us keep moving forward. We are proud of what we’ve accomplished so far together, but we are just getting started, and there is critical work to fight climate change ahead of us. We ask you to join us–Become a sponsor today!