BUILDING SKILLS TRAINING
Operations & Maintenance Essentials
Did you know that efficiently operated and well-maintained buildings can reduce operating costs by 20-50% while improving occupancy rates and tenant satisfaction? This is just one of the many reasons why green operations and maintenance (O&M) practices are in high demand across the country.
Led by industry experts, GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials provides building professionals with the critical tools to transition from conventional to sustainable operations.
GPRO O&M is ideal for property managers and building staff in multi-family residential & high-rise commercial buildings including:
- Building superintendents
- Facility and property managers
- Operating engineers
- Stationary engineers
This 14-hour certificate course can be scheduled to meet the needs of your organization. Certificate exam is included.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
Part 2: Operations & Maintenance Essentials
PREREQUISITE REQUIRED FOR O&M: Fundamentals of Building Green
Oct 20, 1PM-5PM, Oct 27, 12:30PM-4:30PM, & NOV 3, 8AM-11AM
- Using building metrics to improve performance
- Improving the building envelope for a healthier building
- Reducing water use
- Employing strategies for more efficient and cost-effective heating and cooling systems
- Managing lighting to minimize energy use while maintaining lighting quality
- Maintaining indoor air quality for tenant comfort
- Reducing waste
- Understanding new NYC energy auditing and retro-commissioning requirements
Important Location information
All classes are held at Metro Headquarters, 1 Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Oct 20, session 2A (O&M) class will be held in the University Room, 4th floor
Oct 27, session 2B (O&M) class will be held in the Gateway Plaza Room, 3rd floor
Nov 3,session 2C Fundamentals and O&M exam class will be held in the Union Station room, 3rd floor
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GPRO Operations & Maintenance Essentials qualifies for 12 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.