GREEN PROFESSIONAL BUILDING SKILLS TRAINING
GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green
The construction industry is moving quickly towards greener, high-performing buildings, creating increased demand across the country for sustainable building skills.
This course teaches the basics of sustainability and provides an overview of the essential strategies and work practices that make buildings more efficient. GPRO covers the âgreen gapâ between standard trade skills and the new awareness required to successfully implement sustainable building practices.
Individuals with experience in construction and building operations will have an advantage when taking Fundamentals of Building Green and in passing the certificate exam, but anyone with an interest in green building is encouraged to participate.
GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green is the prerequisite for all GPRO trade-specific courses. Click here to learn more
In partnership with Metro, the Fundamentals of Green Building course is offered in two installments, plus the test day. The course fee includes materials, instruction, and certification exam.
* Small businesses and non-profit partners of Metro qualify for a discounted registration and should use the code: METROPARTNERS when prompted.
Please provide the appropriate SBE, DBE or NAICS code to verify your small business or non-profit once you have entered your name and email. Small businesses are defined as having an annual budget under $1.3 million.
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Economic and health benefits of green building
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable construction practices
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of building commissioning (systems quality assurance)
BECOME A GPRO CERTIFICATE HOLDER!
GBCI and AIA credits are available!