USGBC-Long Beach & AIA Long Beach/South Bay
invite you to join:
Enter the world of high-performance design â all projects in! It begins with in conceptual design with an integrated team all speaking the same language. Attendees will learn how to set targets for high performance design as early as massing design, the rules of thumb for renewables, how to easily leverage basic energy modeling without breaking the budget and how to read those pesky T-24 energy modeling reports.
- Understand the operating costs, energy use breakdowns density requirements for a variety of buildings
- Setting targets for high building performing buildings
- Design considerations and rules of thumb for incorporating renewables onsite
- Leveraging a variety of energy modeling software in conceptual and schematic design
- How to read T-24 Energy Compliance Reports and why they are important to review throughout DD and CDs
- Review of the AIA 2030 Commitment, itâs importance and how important our role is to the success of this program
Date: February 28th - 6pm to 8pm
Location: Studio One Eleven â 245 3rd Street, Long Beach, CA 90802
Parking: 2 hrs free, Metro / Long Beach Transit Adjacent / Indoor bike parking!
Cost: $15 for AIA or USGBC members, $25 for non-members
Food: Healthy, vegetarian and vegan friendly dinner to be provided
* CEUs â AIA and USGBC Approval pending