Join us for this exclusive Measuring & Reducing Embodied Carbon in Construction workshop brought to you by USGBC-LA & GAIA!
About this event
Join us for an overview of embodied carbon and learn from industry professionals about the best practices to measure and reduce embodied carbon on construction projects.
Embodied carbon is the carbon footprint of materials and includes total carbon from the manufacturing, construction, use, and end of life of each product.
– What is embodied carbon?
– What is an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)?
– What is a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)?
– What are the best tools for conducting an LCA?
– What building materials contribute most to a project’s carbon footprint?
– What current & upcoming codes and policies impact embodied carbon?
– Project case studies (Industrial, retail, commercial office)
*Please make sure to scroll through the ticket options in the registration box below or visit our Eventbrite page.
Grant Waldron is the Head of Sustainability Strategy at Gaia and brings a diverse background to sustainability consulting. Grant manages Life Cycle Assessments (LCA), carbon footprint analysis, and Zero Net Energy & Water projects. He also helps clients identify sustainability opportunities and scale them across their building portfolios. Grant is passionate about finding unique ways to incorporate sustainability into buildings and sharing that information with others.
Your support is crucial in helping us advance and continue our initiatives to transform Southern California into a more sustainable region for all! Donate now!