Let’s grab a drink and reconnect in person! Come meet the our Inland Empire Branch and learn how you can get involved with USGBC-LA!
About this event
We’re looking forward to bringing the Inland Empire Branch community together for a fun evening at Innovation Brew Works! Come join us for our social mixer and to learn more about the sustainability initiatives and goals of both Cal Poly Pomona and their brewery, a few include:
- Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) has rigorous sustainability initiatives, including a LEED building program.
- Grist, or spent grain (the leftover malt and adjuncts after the mash has extracted most of the sugars, proteins and nutrients) from our brewery is fed to the cows, managed by the CPP College of Agriculture.
- Seasonal produce grown on campus is featured in select dishes throughout the year.
- Innovation Brew Works’s beers are distributed and served at fine restaurants on and off campus, including the Claremont, Pomona, and La Verne areas.
- IBW serves as a learn-by-doing brewery laboratory for CPP students, alumni, faculty and the general public. Echoing the learn-by-doing philosophy of Cal Poly Pomona and corresponding with the brewery’s official tagline “Crafting an Education,” students acquire hands-on experience with brewing and brewpub operations at the brewery.
HAPPY HOUR DETAILS
DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022
TIME: 4:00-6:30 pm (we’ll be hosting a brewery tour from 4:00-4:30 pm)
LOCATION: Cal Poly Pomona, Innovation Brew Works
Have questions about this event? Please contact the Alma Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Refreshments will be provided. Space is limited so be sure to register to save your spot!
*Please make sure to scroll through the ticket options in the registration box below or visit our Eventbrite page.
The USGBC-LA Inland Empire Branch covers San Bernardino and Riverside Counties with a collective population of over 4.3 million people and over 1.3 million households. Implementing green building practices is crucial to the IE’s future environmental sustainability, economic success, and quality of life. A unique focus of the branch is on the positive impacts that green building can have on public health. We provide a rich and impactful series of events throughout the course of the year, such as green building tours of local sustainable buildings, green business workshops, sustainable education classes for kids, and World Water Day events.
Join our purpose-driven community of green building and sustainability professionals! USGBC-LA Members receive an amazing suite of benefits to broaden your industry knowledge and serve as a conduit for climate activism. Our members are at the heart of the work we do, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out more information here.
Your support is crucial in helping us advance and continue our initiatives to transform Southern California into a more sustainable region for all! Donate now!