USGBC-LA’s The Green Affordable Housing Program (GAHP) was developed to support all Angelenos in having healthy, efficient, and resilient places to live, work, and play. This program delivers community resources for reducing energy and water as well as greenhouse gas emissions in apartment buildings in areas of predominantly low-income housing or within historically underserved neighborhoods that are energy-inefficient, within hazardous health areas, and add financial burden to the community residents through higher utility costs and medical expenses.
The Green Affordable Housing Program was designed to help fill the market gap while providing healthy, sustainable resources to owners and residents of multi-family properties located in low income communities in the Eastern San Fernando Valley (e.g., Pacoima, Panorama City, Van Nuys, and North Hollywood) by providing:
- Tenant Workshops in English and Spanish covering sustainable practices & occupant health to help reduce utility costs;
- Enrollment assistance with LADWP programs and rebates;
- Guidance through a menu of efficiency & electrification options to facilitate building retrofits
- Installation of community EV charging stations;
- Installation of Air Source Heat Pump technology to lower energy costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions ; and
- Subsidized installation of innovative new green building technology to reduce utility costs
Workshops for both property owners and tenants will be delivered at 20 selected multi-family properties. Participants will also receive a toolkit with resources on sustainable practices and occupant health, programs and rebates, tips on water and energy savings, building retrofit support and more!
The Green Affordable Housing Program is now live and accepting applications!
Take advantage of FREE guidance and resources (Community EV Charging Station and Heat Pump Technology) to become a healthier and more sustainable environment for residents, while also saving on energy, water, and waste!
Click here to submit!
Submit an application to be a speaker for our tenant engagement workshops that fuel this essential program! (English and/or Spanish)
- The enrolled multifamily property must be located in the Eastern San Fernando Valley within the zip codes in the application form; and
- Must have a minimum of 20 units; and
- Agree to help facilitate the implementation of the program in the property.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Download our brochure here!
Check out the LADWP Programs and Rebates in the resources below