The Healthy Building Commitment (HBC) was designed by USGBC-LA to provide building owners, tenants, and individuals with an accessible and affordable pathway to provide healthy, resilient space to live, work, and play.
Making the Healthy Building Commitment gives you the autonomy to make the decisions on how you achieve your goals, and we provide guidance throughout your journey. Keep reading to learn more!
Did you know?
- Indoor Air Quality can be 2-5 times worse than outdoor air quality
- 50% of illnesses affecting workforces are related to work environment conditions
- Employees that are satisfied with their work environment are 16% more productive, 18% more likely to stay in their job, and 30% more attracted to their company over competitors
With this commitment, USGBC-LA will provide individualized guidance, available discounts and rebates, and educational resources to benefit your healthy workspace. The HBC can be applied to residential home offices as well as commercial spaces.
Read an article recently published by gb&d Magazine for October 2020 on the Healthy Building Commitment.
Enroll Your Workspace
When you enroll your workspace (Corporate or Home Office), USGBC-LA will help support you in achieving your healthy space commitment by:
- Connecting you with partner companies to get discounted pricing on indoor air quality sensors
- Providing Green Cleaning plans and resources, including access to our Green Janitors Education Program (for corporate offices)
- Assisting you with assessing and connecting you with resources to integrate plant life or urban gardens into your space
- Providing fitness and activity guides for your occupants and/or connecting you to resources around active space design, fitness classes, and more
- Providing Occupant Surveys to help assess what occupants or employees want out of their space, the impact it is having on them, and how they value the space