The annual Legacy Project is a gift to the under-served communities in our region from the USGBC-LA members who assist in designing, building, and supporting it. The Legacy Project team strives to ensure the project is community-supported, has an educational and sustainable focus, is replicable, and serves a variety of social-economic conditions.
The 2020 Legacy Project has been awarded to The West Adams Resiliency Garden
The West Adams Resiliency Garden will support formerly incarcerated people with employment and healing through building and caring for a rooftop garden at McCarty Memorial Christian Church.
Partners for the 2020 Legacy Project
Los Angeles Food Policy Council
McCarty Memorial Christian Church
Click here to read the 2020 USGBC-LA Legacy Project request for proposals.
- Proposal Submission Due Date: Monday, September 9, 2019
- Finalists Selected and Notified: Monday, September 23, 2019
- Final Presentations/Judging*: Monday, October 21st, 2019
- 2020 Awardee Notified: Week of October 28th, 2019
- MOU Signed: November 2019
- Project Kickoff: January 2020
- Project Completion & Ribbon Cutting: October 2020