This report brings you a summary of our achievements and some of the highlights from this past year, despite all the challenges:
- Our 19th Annual Municipal Green Building Conference & Expo went virtual, featuring both industry and public facing days, with over 1,300+ attendees and over 330,000 sponsor impressions.
- Our Talent Portal became the industry hub for featured employers, regional job postings, virtual training, recorded content, and a unique mentor network.
- Our Net Zero Accelerator doubled global applications and accepted 17 innovative startups making an impact today on clean construction, decarbonization, and occupant health.
- We launched Firewise Education & Tours to educate people on how to reduce fire risk at home and at work, while working to make wildfire defense and mitigation part of the green building movement going forward.
- Our Green Schools Initiative has developed Sustainability Fundamentals education for elementary and secondary school students that will be delivered by USGBC-LA members while they share their own career path.
- Our Healthy Building Alliance provides a commitment that building owners, tenants, & individuals can make to provide healthy, resilient spaces to live, work, & play.
- Our first cohort of the Green Building Corps has provided over 500 hours of project experience to students and underemployed professionals, allowing them to gain exposure to a variety of sustainability related topics.
- We increased our member engagement through weekly topic focused webinars, Virtual Tours, our Quarterly Thought Leadership Series, Virtual Job Fairs, and monthly member committee meetings.
Thank you to all our supporters, partners, and members that help us keep moving forward. We’re really proud of what we’ve accomplished so far, but we are just getting started and there is so much good work left to do. We look forward to working together even more in 2021!